Here are the social science lessons I keep coming back to, to help me explain what’s happening in America in the Drumpf era. Perhaps you’ll find them helpful too.
- Rooting for a team alters your perception of the world.
- We can be immune to uncomfortable facts.
- Leaders like Drumpf have special powers to sway public opinion.
- People don’t often make decisions based on the truth.
- Political opponents are often really, really bad at arguing with one another.
- White people’s fear of being replaced is incredibly powerful.
- It’s shockingly easy to grow numb to mass suffering.
- Fake news preys on our biases — and will be very hard to stamp out.
- Conspiracy theories may be rampant, but they’re a specific reaction to a dark, uncertain world.
Več si lahko preberete na povezavi.